Thursday, January 14, 2010

One Week and Counting...

This weekend we had our fantasmical massive theater-wide two-day clean up, and I must say, the prop loft is nigh unrecognizable! Makes me wish I wasn't out of town so I could help out... oh well.

Well, just one week left until Dead Man Walking opens. Grab your tickets folks! The Saturday of closing weekend is already sold out, so don't ask for that one.
Also, the benefit dinner is on January 29th, and Sister Helen Prejean will be there as a speaker. Let me remind you that she is the lady who wrote the book, was portrayed by Susan Surandon in the movie, and will be portrayed by our very own Lisa Mallette at City Lights. She's awesome, go see it. Anyway, tickets for just the dinner are $175, the show is $100, and both together is $300. If any of you are thinking it sounds a bit rich, that's because this is a *benefit*, meaning the money goes to 3 non-profit organizations (Dead Man Walking: School Theatre Project, Notre Dame San Jose, and City Lights Theater Company). Plus it's a tax write-off, so that's nice. Here's the link: , and I hope all y'all tell your friends and parents and neighbors and pet dogs about it because it's for a good cause and it's a good show. Woo!

Yesterday I was in the office for not very long, since Lani and I went around Downtown San Jose dropping off postcards and taping up posters in windows to help get the word out. Let's hope that works. Everyone and their mums have posters around, but ours is prettier. =P

Okie doke, that's all I have to say for the moment, except to say I hope everyone had a lovely and safe holiday season (can't be said for at least one of my friends, who broke his clavicle in a snowboarding accident) and that you haven't given up on your New Year's resolutions yet. Mine is to eat breakfast every day. This morning it was toast with peanut butter. Mmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh stupid website not posting the link. HERE IT IS!!!

    http://www.cltc.org/specialevents.htm

    ReplyDelete