Thursday, February 18, 2010

Panda Express

Okay okay. Marty sent me a text on Tuesday telling me--no, COMMANDING me to write a blog post. He's got a fair point. As he said earlier this week, though, we've been pretty busy. I, too, am quite excited about the upcoming season, even though we're just about halfway through the one we're in now.

On Thursdays (such as today) I come to work pretty much straight from Foothill, picking up lunch on the way. Today I decided to relish the empty office where I get to play music loud before anyone gets here and we have to do real work. (Currently playing now: "High With a Little Help from my Friends" by the Beatles.) So things are chill for the time being.

I saw Dead Man Walking on the 7th of this month, so that would be a week and a half ago, and it's still settling in. It's awesome when a show resonates like that, and I think one reason this one does so much is simply the nature in which the story is told. The play takes a very personal approach into one woman's relationship with, let's face it, a pretty awful person, and how that plays into her understanding of the legal system and morals and even God. It's uncomfortable and eye-opening, something more theater needs to be in an age when all people want to do is to escape from their day to day routine rather than put it in perspective. (Damn, that sounded good. By the way, moving from "The Jeep Song" by the Dresden Dolls to "Sittin' on Top of the World" as performed by Jack White.)

Anyway, coming in on the last 4 performances, so get a move on, already!

Alright, going to finish lunch--oh, just for fun, this is what my fortune cookie says: "Today is a good day for being with a companion." Hmm... I'll leave it to you to decide what that means.

Peace!

1 comment: