Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Your friendly theater phone operator.

The nice people took most of the paper away!
Today my day was spent with the computer program theater manager. This program and I have what you might call a love/hate relationship. For example, I love it when it does what I think I told it to do. Other times, not so much. I also dislike it when it mocks me. "Now, Gilly," you are saying reasonably, "it is a computer program. Mocking you is not in its subroutines." Oh, but it is, my friends. It is. One of those little windows will pop up with a smart remark (eg: You have forgotten to fill in the date. Stop being stupid. - I paraphrase) and our relationship gets tested again.
So that is what I did today. I spent about three hours catching up on ticket orders and comps (mostly for this weekend - Judas opens tomorrow!), and generally answering the phones and using my very large sugary and caffeinated drink to keep me chipper.
I'm going to be shadow house managing on Thursday and Friday and hopefully see the show on Saturday. "Shadow house managing" is one of those phrases that sounds inherently cool, doesn't it? What it means is that from next weekend on I will be house managing for real. I'll be all grown up and everything.
Oh, I also wrote a monsterously long facebook message advertising the deals available to facebook fans of City Lights. If you aren't already a fan, you should be. Do it. Go. Now.

....
Now that you have returned from that important mission, it only remains for me to give you the traditional Ghost Update, which will be a regular feature of my column - I mean...blogs. The ghost called several times today, but as of yet contact has not been made.

You should come see Judas. The sets and costumes are looking great, the cast is fabulous, and it's one of the best scripts I have ever read.
And now, back to your regularly scheduled lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment